I’d suggest that pregnant women in Australia would be close behind in the toxic burden stakes. And I don’t say this to alarm you, simply to make you aware of the need to reduce your exposure to chemicals wherever possible. They’re affecting your health and the likelihood that they will affect your unborn (or yet-to-be-conceived) baby is certain. So your awareness and subsequent avoidance measures must extend to the time before conception and must include your partner!
Here are some of my key recommendations for reducing your toxic exposure and giving your body the tools to support ongoing detoxification
- organic produce (whole, unrefined, in season)
- avoid food in cans, packets, bottles
- chemical-free personal care (shampoo, conditioner, skincare etc)
- natural, low-toxicity domestic care products (kitchen, bathroom, laundry)
- exercise away from heavy traffic
- reduce workplace exposure (solvents, heavy metals, chemicals)
- drink only purified water
- regular dose of potent probiotic
- daily dose of comprehensive combination of vitamins and trace elements specific for reproduction
All in place for a minimum of four months before conception and throughout pregnancy and breastfeeding. But the need to keep toxic levels low doesn’t really ever stop - the above recommendations must simply become conscious, healthy lifestyle choices for your whole family. Particularly important that your children grown in a toxicity-free environment. Learn more ...